The Church of Rogoz is one of the most beautiful expressions of art from the Maramureş area known as Lăpușului. It has as patrons the Holy Archangels Michael and Gabriel. This place of worship was erected in 1663 on the site of an older church, destroyed during the invasion of the Turks and Tatars in 1661 against the Prince of Transylvania, George II Rákóczi, after his unsuccessful attempt to become King of Poland. This church is very rare among wooden churches. The narthex has a polygonal shape, with access from the south nave which is rectangular, and the altar is also in the form of a polygon with seven sides.